[Coco] FW: Attempting to upgrade a CoCo2

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Sat Oct 5 04:53:59 EDT 2013

Hi Mike!
You will have to find someone who either has a 24 pin mask programmed rom
from Tandy for ECB 1.1 or program an MCM68766 8K x 8 bit eprom with ECB 1.1
or get a 24 pin to 28 pin eprom adapter and program a 2764 8K x 8 bit eprom.

 I found my Color Burner which can burn MCM68764s, but I have never burned a
68766 yet.  I need to see how close to a 68764 the 68766 is.  I bought some
recently, so I plan to play with them and see how it goes.
I also just created a 24 pin to 28 pin eprom adapter that will hold a 2764
8K x 8 bit eprom.  I haven't tested it yet in my disk controller to hold
HDB-DOS.  It is designed to replace the MCM68364 mask programmed roms Tandy
used on the motherboards, disk controllers and some rom cartridges.
If you'd like, I'll go ahead and test it and see how it does.  It should
work as the circuit is pretty simple.  I have been exploring making PCBs of
late and this is my third or fourth PCB I've made.  I'm having a lot of fun
with it.  Take care my friend.
Kip