[Coco] C compiler crashes VCC with Nitros9

Walter ZAMBOTTI zambotti at iinet.net.au
Fri Oct 4 02:53:57 EDT 2013

Gene Heskett <gheskett at ...> writes:

> On Thursday 03 October 2013 15:00:24 Bill Pierce did opine:
>
> > Gene, He's running straight from the MW distro
> > CC1 is the front end, you are thinking cc.pass1.
> > cc1 runs cc.pass1, cc.pass2, c,prep, c.asm, c,opt and c.link in one
> > swoop.
>
> I figured someone would come along and help me extract my foot. Thank
you.
> :)
> >
> > His problem is his nitros9 version (3.2.8). and the Vcc emulator. Vcc
> > and nitros9 3.2.8 had problems getting along for some reason. Wasn't
> > 3.2.8 the one that sat in the repo for the past 5 years until it
> > attracted some cockyroaches?
>
> Something like that.  And one of the reasons I keep copy's of old repo's
> going back to the turn of the century.  And some of that goes back to
1993.

> > I think I remember having a problem in
> > 3.2.8 with C and that's why I searched and found 3.2.9. Now I got my
> > custom C setup and I have no problems...
>
> 3.2.9 is several years old, and IMO should have been bumped to 3.3.0
even
> before the lwtools conversion was even thought of.  But its not my boat
> row.
>
> Now its totally confusing as to which code someone has when they say
3.2.9.

> Cheers, Gene

Thanks for the feed back (Just putting down my coldie now and kind of
edging back to the coco)

Where can I find these wonderful compiler tools?

Where can I find the LATEST version of Nitros9 and the C compiler tools?

I have an ambitious project to port lwip to the OS-9.  I will need help!

I may need to add threading support to the kernal but that is not entirely
necessary because lwip can be configured in a non threading OS.

I may need to write a puesdo network device for VCC and a corresponding
device driver in OS9.

I may need to know what is the best filemanager (RBF SCF or my-own) to
handle network data.  Both seem they could fudge the job but neither seems
totally suited.

I was assuming until now that there wasn't a lot of tools out there for OS-
9/6809.  I certainly didn't find the C tools Gene mentioned.

Is there source code repos/distro somewhere?

Has someone already provided the things I have mentioned (threads, net
drivers, etc)?

regards

Walter