[Coco] What is does this mean- REPO

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Oct 4 00:19:16 EDT 2013

On Friday 04 October 2013 00:15:47 Brian Goers did opine:

> What is REPO short for?
> I've read REPO may times and may have seen the meaning for the word
> somewhere.
> But I just can't place the meaning.
> Thanks

Software repository.  Linux uses a lot of them so our scripts can go out
and check for updates regularly, like a couple of times a day.  If
something new, that we already have installed shows up, it throws a box on
the task bar, and when we click on it, opens a window with the update-
manager showing us whats available, and whether its a security related fix
or not.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Immortality -- a fate worse than death.