[Coco] SWTPCEmu in Wine (was: Re: SysCall source listing (and OS-9 source code find))

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Fri Nov 29 23:25:25 EST 2013

On 11/29/2013 08:27 PM, mike delyea wrote:
> Interesting,  is there an OS-9 for it?

Yeah, the one that comes with the emulator.  The thing is, the SWTPC CPU
board has a DAT and is capable of addressing at least 768K of RAM (maybe
2M?) in 2K blocks, so it should be able to run Level II. In fact,
UniFLEX uses the DAT.  But I have not found anything I can identify as a
Level II disk image for the SWTPC.  So the question I have is how much
effort would it take for NitrOS-9 be backported to the STWPC, and what
would need to be changed to get it to work with 2K blocks instead of the
CoCo3's 8K blocks?  I assume I could use the SWTPC drivers unmodified
(assuming I'm sticking with the 6809 CPU and software), so what would
have to be modified to adapt to the SWTPC DAT?

At the moment it's just academic, since the SWTPC equipment I have in my
possession doesn't have practical memory boards that exceed 64K and were
being finicky last time I tried to work on them.  So first I just need
to get Level I to boot.  Then maybe I can fabricate a memory board with
modern SRAM chips that would be useful for Level II.

JCE