[Coco] re :V9958

iggybeans at comcast.net iggybeans at comcast.net
Fri Nov 29 18:10:22 EST 2013

"Woulnd't the v9958 balance it's own sync based on the external one ?"

No, it would be nice if it did, but this capability has been there since the TMS9918A was introduced, and syncing has always been problematic.
I only know of two MSX2 computers that can do it, the Philips NMS 8280 and the Sony HB-F900.
Someone mentioned to me recently that the MSX1 Pioneer PX-7 might be able to as well.

If it can be done with a Coco3's output it would be great.
Sprite overlays and additional graphics modes.
Keep researching it.
If I find some more details I'll post them.

Right now, I'm just trying to figure out how to get this to work with multiple V9958s.