[Coco] vcc virtual floppies

mike delyea mdelyea at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 17:10:11 EST 2013

I installed Vcc the other day and made a virtual floppy by inserting into
the fd502 and calling it blank1.dsk.  I formatted it, wrote a program and
saved it to the disk.  Later I loaded the program and everything worked
fine.  The problem is I wanted to copy the disk so I could use it on
another computer.  I used win7 search to find it and sent it to a USB
stick.  When I looked at it on the USB stick it was just a shortcut, not
the .dsk file I was expecting.  I looked in c:\program files\vcc and there
is no blank1.dsk.  Windows search shows its location as c:\program
files\vcc but if you click on any of the property tabs of the file it says
it doesn't exist.  To double check everything I created another disk in
another drive (same vcc) and the same thing happens.  Where are these disks
so I can move them around?  Will I have to use a virtual disk I already
created that is an actual file?