[Coco] Microware OS-9 Manuals

Greg Law glaw at live.com
Thu Nov 28 10:23:57 EST 2013

Thanks, these don't have the complete LSN 0 information either. You have the
Tandy OS-9 Level 2 Technical Reference and the Microware OS-9 System
Programmer's Manual (which will come in handy for a bit of
cross-referencing), but neither of these completely cover LSN 0. Both these
have DD.SPT (sectors per track) followed by DD.RSV (reserved) and I think
one of the two reserved bytes is actually something like DD.T0S that
specifies the number of sectors in Track 0 since it can be different than
DD.SPT. I think the Gimix and other SWTPC versions of OS-9 used something
like 10 sectors on Track 0 and 16 or 18 sectors for all remaining tracks.

I see DD.T0S outlined in the device descriptor and in the path descriptor,
but I'd swear it should be on LSN 0 as well but the Tandy manuals omit this
information.