[Coco] New Coco wishlist...

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Thu Nov 28 10:02:35 EST 2013

If I had my druthers, I’d like the following in a modern Coco clone:

1. Complete clone of Coco 3 with 6309 Processor.

2. 512k on board with option to use industry standard RAM to expand beyond that.

3. Integrated Disk Controller

4. Real Serial Port(s) besides bit banger.

5. VGA output besides composite.

6. USB keyboard (and possibly mouse if it can be supported in OS9/NitrOS9.)

7. Standard form factor so I can buy a nice case for it.

8. SD card slots for mounting ROMS, disk images, etc.

9. IDE port compatible with HDB-DOS and OS9/NitrOS9.

10. Ethernet port with OS9/NitrOS9 drivers.

Then, I could put it on a KVM with my PC and be able to share a keyboard and monitor.

-[ Al ]-