[Coco] SysCall source listing

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue Nov 26 22:47:58 EST 2013

Wayne Campbell wrote:
> Thanks for the response, Robert. I am seeking to complete my collection of
> original software as well as the NOS-9 versions. I will certainly look for
> the source file you are referring to, but I am trying to track down
> origins. The Level 1 Basic09 disk does not contain SysCall. I have heard of
> people saying there was a source file in one of the manuals, but I cannot
> find it. Since I have been able to prove that there are differences between
> the Level 1 and 2 versions of gfx and inkey, I am seeking to find out if
> there were similar changes to SysCall. I can only do that with an original
> module or source listing.
>
> Wayne

OK, I've looked at the stock Tandy disks for cat# 26-3030, 26-3036, 700-2331
which includes Level1, Basic09, and Level1 vr2. None of these have syscall.

The only place I've found syscall is on the Level2 26-3031 Boot/Config disk in
the CMDS directory. It is not on the System Master disk.

Since there is no source code, the code in NitrOS-9 clearly is from a
disassembly. You would think that it ought to be listed in the index for the
Level2 Owners Manual in the Technical section but it isn't. It is mentioned in
the Basic09 section where syntax is discussed. There is no mention of it being
on the second disk in the Level2 set.
Examples of use are given in "The Complete Guide to OS-9 Level2 Vol1" by Puckett
and Dibble. No source code.

I can send you the program from the Tandy disk for disassembly and you can
compare it against that in NitrOS-9.

Robert