[Coco] DD-WRT

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 09:14:41 EST 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 8:56 PM, Melanie and John Mark Mobley wrote:
> If you have previous experience with DD-WRT, would you consider writing an
> article on DD-WRT (3RD Party Router Firmware Upgrade) for the Glenside Color
> Computer Club, Inc. Newsletter?
> We use routers at the picnic and CoCoFEST!  One of our members was able to
> repurpose a router to boot the Wi-Fi signal at the picnic.  I believe that
> more of us need to know these tricks in order to improve the Wi-Fi and
> Ethernet connectivity at the CoCoFEST!

I think what John is after here is not about the more standard use of
DD-WRT to replace the original firmware and act as a normal wireless
router, but how to set it up to act as a wireless repeater to extend
WiFi networks, like explained in
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge

Tormod