[Coco] Coco4?

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Thu Nov 14 19:15:19 EST 2013

> I appreciate the input guys, but I wasn't really trying to re-start this
debate (believe me, I've already
> lived through this one before).

You are quite right. The debate of a CoCo4 has well worn thin and is
pointless until there is someone who has the time, money, knowledge and
inclination to actually produce a final product.

The CoCo community is too small to make such a venture viable.

> What I am building is for my own amusement and is not a Color Computer.
> Yes, a Color Computers 4 might be possible, now so more than in the past
with today's programmable logic
> chips.
> But if your serious, that's where you'd start, not by using older Yamaha
components like I am.
> I'm just fascinated with the features present in the chips I am working with.

FPGA is definitely the only way a true CoCo4 could be made.

A CoCo3+ is more achievable as a base CoCo3 with an enhancement of some kind.

I think the most useful would be some sort of CPU acceleration.

Also, maybe something that also incorporate a 15Khz upscaler to drive LCD
monitors.

Nick