[Coco] Just got my 5x HD63C09

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 11:14:53 EST 2013

I was barefoot on the basement concrete floor :)

The very same chip I touched I tested in my coco1. And it will be there for
a while :)

Once I tried to vacumm clean my basement using rubber sandals. I had to
take them off after receiving a painful electric jolt on my foot. It really
scared me.

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:

> On Friday 08 November 2013 11:03:24 Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) did opine:
>
> > Didn't test them yet. Not in a mood to open the coco:
> >
> > https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYhGq5KCYAAqb4q.jpg:large
>
> Looks good, but I hope that you wee well grounded before you picked the
> chip up, they are CMOS, damageable by even small electrical charges.  The
> plastic sleeves they should have been shipped in are slightly conductive,
> and holding the sleeve near the chip before you let it slide out into your
> hand is one way to equalize any static charges you may have picked up
> walking across the rug.
>
> Cheers, Gene
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
>
> Old soldiers never die.  Young ones do.
> A pen in the hand of this president is far more
> dangerous than 200 million guns in the hands of
>          law-abiding citizens.

Long live the CoCo