[Coco] new problem with unpack

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 16:24:14 EST 2013

Doh.. hit send before I explained.

Testing here shows that assignment will let you copy between any two
*arrays* regardless of the underlying data type.  I suspect it will
also work with user defined data types.  It will not allow you to
assign one primitive data type to a different primitive data type, or
to/from array to primitive.

This behavior seems to be in line with the text:

"Another use of the assignment statement is to copy the entire value of an
array or complex data structure to another array or complex data structure."

Notice they are specific to state each side must be either an array or
complex data structure..  so not a STRING as in your test.

However, you can copy from a string to a byte array or vice versa
using SIZE, ADDR, PEEK and POKE.  These tools will let you copy values
to/from anything, though its going to be a manual process.

-Aaron