[Coco] More and more...

John Musbach johnmusbach1 at gmail.com
Fri May 31 18:11:07 EDT 2013

I don't think it's right personally to give in to buyer's demands for
cheaper shipping when selling on eBay. More and more it seems like buyers
expect the $5 shipping the business sellers can afford due to their bulk
shipments. But us small sellers face much higher shipping rates because we
don't ship at nearly the same frequency so if we give in to their demands
we'll always ship at a loss. So when buyers complain about my shipping
prices I tell them I sold it at cost and that's that, I'm not going to take
a loss just because buyers these days want everything for nothing.

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 5:50 PM, Bill Gordon <cwgordon at carolina.rr.com>wrote:

> I've sold stuff on and off for the last 8 or 9 years, and never had a
> problem. I once voluntarily refunded a purchase because he thought he paid
> too much for it, but that's the ONLY problem I had selling.
>
> Now, buying is a TOTALLY different story. I've bought stuff that has been
> total junk, and the seller has tried to blame me for the fact that it
> didn't
> work, or just trying to get something for nothing. I've bought stuff that
> was absolutely great, at a terrific price, too.
>
> Lately, I've purchased 2 Coco 2 machines, and both were AS-IS, no returns,
> "I think they work, but I don't know", and neither one works. One was TOTAL
> crap, but NO RETURNS.
>
> I've just about exhausted this area looking for Tandy stuff (this is not a
> Coco community, by any means), and my last chance was eBay. But no more,
> believe me. My wife is already on my back about spending money we couldn't
> afford for "junk we don't need". Oh, well....

Best Regards,

John Musbach