[Coco] Utility To Determine If A Floppy Has Never Been Used

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Wed May 29 05:45:16 EDT 2013

Hello Everyone,

I have been down for the count recently due to muscle spasms in my back and
otherwise not available due to my Dad's oldest sister and very close friend
of the family passing on last week.  I'm glad to report that with medication
my back is back to normal and I'm back home now.  I have been out of town
for the last two weekends.

I remember reading about a utility that could read ANY type of floppy no
matter what it was and put the contents of the disk into a file on the PC.
I believe this was an external PCB with USB capability.

This device lead me to the thought -  can this device tell me if a floppy
has NEVER been used?

Thank you for any help or information you all my have.

Kip

My condolences on your loss, and having had a few myself, sympathies on the
spasms.

IIRC; the "universal" floppy device was called Cat-Weasel, but I have no
recollection of any utility to recognize a virgin floppy disk.

Bruce W.