[Coco] Just learning OS-9 - Questions

nickma at optusnet.com.au nickma at optusnet.com.au
Mon May 27 22:59:53 EDT 2013

Basically, if a "newbie" wants to learn about OS-9 and decides to
generate a custom disk, he needs an easy "newbie" way to select the
modules and hit "GO" and out comes a fully configure and bootable OS-9
disk.

He should not have to go hunting for drives, editing bootlists etc

Some disk/s that contain all the OS-9 modules/driver/commands known to
mortal man, together in the one place and he picks and chooses via a
menu.

We can't assume everyone who tries OS-9 is going to be a "rocket
scientist" or "engineer".

It's the difference between fixing an OS and *USING* an OS and however
"powerful" that OS is, it means nothing if most people can't use it
and produce software for it

(climbing down from soapbox)

That felt good!   :)

Nick