[Coco] Just learning OS-9 - Questions

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sun May 26 17:20:53 EDT 2013

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 3:39 PM, Nick Marentes <nickma at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> Seems like building an OS-9 custom disk is one of the most confusing and
> frustrating things for a newbie trying to get into OS-9.
>
> Is there such thing as an OS-9 installer?

Not really.  OS9 was designed in a time where ROMs or removable media
were the norm.  Much like all operating systems of that day or even
for several years later (i.e. MS-DOS) there was no real "install".
You just prep a disk with the bootstrap bytes in the expected place.

There are a wide variety of preconfigured disks available from the
NitrOS9 download site.  These should serve to get a newbie up and
running with any common system.  I'm not sure there is any better
option.