[Coco] 64k memory check

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue May 21 18:12:32 EDT 2013

Hi guys,
I just aquired a Coco 1 (grey) Cat 278-300A., CCR-81 Cassette Recorder, X-Pad and a few carts and tapes.
The Coco powers up fine.
Extendended Color Basic 1.0
PRINTMEM reports 24871
Since this is an "F" board and the "F" boards were the first Coco 1s actually "meant" to be upgraded to 64k, I assume it is 64k.
The warrenty seal has been removed and replaced by a Radio Shack Service Center seal, so I would think it had to be upgraded by Radio Shack or the seal would be broken. What I would like to know, and I know it's been discussed many times before, is if there is a PEEK/POKE or short routine to test for 64k? I plan to hook it up to a drive and run OS-9 Level 1 and that will surely fail if it's 32k. But if there's a quick way, that would save me a lot of trouble

Here a link to some pics of the Coco 1 and accessories I recieved
https://sites.google.com/site/dabarnstudio/temp-pics

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia