[Coco] Extended color basic to Color basic on COCO 2

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Tue May 21 00:04:58 EDT 2013

For some reason, the computer has stopped recognizing that you have
Extended Basic, which is required for the SOUND command and many
others, and also required for use of a disk drive (in addition to Disk
Basic, which is contained in the disk controller cartridge).

The most likely possibility is that the Extended Basic chip's contacts
have become oxidized.  Opening up the computer and removing and
re-seating the chip will likely fix things.  Look for a chip that says
Tandy on it.  (Some CoCo 2s have Color Basic and Extended Basic in the
same chip, but yours likely doesn't if Color Basic is still working.)
I'd reseat both Tandy chips, so you don't need to know which is which.
 Just make sure the chips go back facing the correct direction--check
the notch, and be sure no pins are bent underneath.

Art