[Coco] The most bizarre thing

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed May 15 23:30:24 EDT 2013

There were a few midi interfaces designed to use the centronics parallel connector, but these were very rare. The standard Midi plug is a 5 pin DIN and only used 2 pins and a shield which was connected only at one end. To convert a Coco serial port to parallel then to Midi would have been a redundant bottleneck as the Coco serial could be directly connected to a midi input with just a modified cable and no hardware involved. The only reason to have done this would have been a dedicated hardware interface that had the centronics port instead of a midi port.... as I said... very rare.... and I doubt it.

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com