[Coco] And another question

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Wed May 15 07:39:26 EDT 2013

On 15/05/2013 4:09 AM, Sean wrote:

> I like your response better than my initial thoughts.  I saw COBOL code in
> a systems class, and said 'ooh boy I'm never touching that language!'

My Computer Science course was renown for being more 'commercially oriented'
than courses at competing universities, which was great for employment
prospects but also meant we had to endure not one but _two_ COBOL
programming subjects. :(

I graduated with very little idea of what sort of job I actually wanted to
do - all I knew is that I didn't want to be programming in COBOL!!!

True story!

Regards,