[Coco] And another question

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Tue May 14 14:19:49 EDT 2013

In a message dated 5/14/2013 7:53:10 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
billg999 at cs.uofs.edu writes:

>RM-COBOL.  Ryan-McFarland.  Their compiler ran on most micros  and
>a number of Minis.  Eventually bought out by Micro-Focus, I  believe.

>Anybody here know what a Terak is?  LSI-11 with  28Kwords of memory
>and 8" floppy disks.  I once did a project using  RT-11 and COBOL on
>a Terak with 4 floopies (the norm was one and at most  two.  people
>marveled at the tower on my desk!!)  Now those  were the fun days.

>> I've since tried to expunge it  from my memory, but obviously I've been
>> scarred for life! :(

>That which does not kill us makes  us stronger.

I have two 8 inch floppy drives and a supply of 8 inch floppiy disks.
I am going to play with some day.  I am going to connect them to  an old
grey coco1 using the oldest disk interface cart witch was modifiable  for
thier data
rate.
       If I found out that you really ancient  fellows were doing something
unseamly
 back in the day, I going to report you to the proper authorities and  have
you
sent away as a potential public nuisance.

Roy