[Coco] BASIC09 - How good is it?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue May 14 11:38:11 EDT 2013

On Tuesday 14 May 2013 11:25:18 Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) did opine:

> > for the 6809.  MinTED has promise as a vim replacement but needs a
> > help card that can be printed out since the command keys are
> > different.
>
> You don't need a card. You just need to remember to press CTRL+O for
> Online Help ;)

That I found Luis, but then the 64K question is how to exit that help
screen.  By the time I've figured that out, I've forgotten why I called the
help screen in the first place. :(

Its the hereafter syndrome at my age.  Thats where you get up and go into
another room, then have to stop and think "what I am I here after?"
Sometimes the empty coffee cup in your hand is the clue to refresh the wet
ram that you were headed to the Mr. Coffee for a refill, but not always. :(

> But stop complaining, i made very few functions that will fit in any
> "old memory cells" ;)
>
> they are:
>
> SHIFT+LEFT - backspace (delete to left)
> SHIFT+RIGHT  - delete (delete to right)
> SHIFT+UP - page up
> SHIFT+DOWN - page down
> CTRL+K kill line
> CTRL+D duplicate line
> CTRL+S save file
> CTRL+R rename file
> CTRL+E exit
> CTRL+O online help

Which needs one more, a CTRL+U to undo what you just did, in case that
wasn't what you wanted to do.  Say 5 levels deep if memory can be found to
save that much data.

Then we would truly have a tsedit/vi/vim killer.

Printed, FFR, thanks Luis.
> I don't like bloatware programs since nobody use more than few
> functions. There is no print functions too. Who still print on coco ?

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
BOFH excuse #275: