[Coco] And another question

Bill Gunshannon billg999 at cs.uofs.edu
Tue May 14 07:52:26 EDT 2013

> On 14/05/2013 12:36 PM, Bill Gunshannon wrote:
>
>> I found an ad in an old magazine for OS-9 and it mentioned a
>> MicroWare OS9 COBOL Compiler.  Is there any chance that this
>> compiler still exists anywhere?
>
> I did a uni assignment once on my dual floppy TRS-80 Model 4P using
> RS-COBOL. I recall having to swap disks for the compile and link stage. It
> was - to say the least - a rather painful exercise.

RM-COBOL.  Ryan-McFarland.  Their compiler ran on most micros and
a number of Minis.  Eventually bought out by Micro-Focus, I believe.

Anybody here know what a Terak is?  LSI-11 with 28Kwords of memory
and 8" floppy disks.  I once did a project using RT-11 and COBOL on
a Terak with 4 floopies (the norm was one and at most two.  people
marveled at the tower on my desk!!)  Now those were the fun days.

> I've since tried to expunge it from my memory, but obviously I've been
> scarred for life! :(

That which does not kill us makes us stronger.

bill

billg999 at cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |