[Coco] And another question

Bill Gunshannon billg999 at cs.uofs.edu
Tue May 14 07:44:18 EDT 2013

> I saw an ad for that as well. I would love to see what COBOL under OS-9
> looks like. I learned COBOL at Devry.

Actuially, I stumbled on it again and it wasn't an ad.  It was an
article in an issue of 80 Micro about languages.  There was a COCO
specific product.  The author said when he asked about it MicroWare
said Radio Shack was handling it and Radio Shack said they didn't
know if they were going to support OS9 or not.

I don't remember ever seeing it listed at Radio Shack so I guess
the only hope is if a copy (and source?) still exist in the hands
of MicroWare's new owners.

Based on my experience with other system developers I see little
hope, but it sure would be nice if companies could be convinced to
release this old stuff to the world if for no other reason than to
see it preserved.

bill