[Coco] BASIC09 - How good is it?

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Tue May 14 03:28:25 EDT 2013

BASIC09 "sounds" good.

I'd like to have a bit of a play-around but I've never been able to
immerse myself into OS-9 enough to get into it.

I think the secret to using OS-9 is to have a harddisk setup. Floppy
disk is too awkward and frustrating.

I currently am setup with a 512K CoCo3 with HDB DOS, a 6309 and 2 floppy
drives. I have downloaded the Nitros9 disk image for Drivewire and 6309
support (the latest versions).

So how do I now attach the BASIC09 DSK image?

Do I have to transfer it to floppy to access it as D0 or can I access
another drivewire drive to map the DSK image?

Do I need to add another drivewire drive and if so, how do I do that?

So much to learn before I can even get started.

Nick