[Coco] DC Modem Pak to RS232 Pak MOD

Bill Gunshannon billg999 at cs.uofs.edu
Sun May 12 14:23:33 EDT 2013

> Thanks for the link Glen! The pics are really low res of course, but I'll
> just have to read the instructions carefully.  Bill, well for one thing, I
> would have no clue how to modify a device driver.  Also I'm more concerned
> about using the pak in DECB, not OS9, though OS9 would be cool too.

Well, if your not using OS9 then modifying the device driver is kinda
unnecessary.  :-)  Not sure what you are trying to do, but would think
having more serial connections available would be a plus on either side.

>                                                                    I'm
> not aware of the 1 inch square max232 modules.  Maybe you could link me to
> one?  Again, I'm a bit of a hardware n00b so sorry for my ignorance.

Just look on eBay.  I bought a coupls different ones not knowing
exactly which project were going to need them  Some just run TXD
and RXD to the DB9 but some have the other signals available as
well with just a couple of quick jumpers.

Just getting bak into hardware myself but it looks like it is as
much fun as it used to be.

bill