[Coco] DC Modem Pak to RS232 Pak MOD

Todd Wallace dragonbytes at cox.net
Sat May 11 18:42:24 EDT 2013

Hey all,

So I am wishing for an rs232 pak now that I have a MPI.  But they are hard to find apparently.  Then someone mentioned it's possible to mod a Direct Connect Modem Pak into one, and I just so happen to have one of those!  I googled and found a link to such a mod on CoCo3.com but the pics were all missing.  Anyone have some good info/instructions/etc on how to accomplish this mod?  I'm not sure how complex it is, as I am not an expert with electronics, but I'll never use this modem pak as a 300 baud modem again, so might as well attempt it if I can.  Thanks for any info you can give me.

- Todd Wallace