[Coco] life changing event

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu May 9 12:32:19 EDT 2013

On Thursday 09 May 2013 12:26:09 RJRTTY at aol.com did opine:

> People,
>

> Well I did it this  week.   After 33 years as a lab technician and
> data systems  technician and repair guy at the plant where I worked
> I put in my papers to  retire.   I am now in Gene's age bracket and an
> official card  carrying member of the Geezer patrol on the list.
>
> The good  part is now I will have plenty of time for cocoing and
> building my converters  and maybe get back to attending some
> cocofests.   We will see what  the future holds.
>

> Roy
>
> Now your favorite token dirty old  man....  :(

Welcome to the club Roy.  Now you get to tell the drivein speakers when you
are about done with your food order, to not forget the old fart discount.
:)

I pulled thru Wendy's the other evening for a pair of large chili's and a
pair of small frosty's.  My voice is one of those instantly recognizable
voices even if you haven't heard it in 25 years, and I was a little slow
with the discount comment, but got reminded of it when somebody else from
behind the lady taking orders yelled out "don't forget the old fart
discount!".

One of my 15 minutes of fame categories I guess. :)

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
QOTD:
	"This is a one line proof... if we start sufficiently far to the
	left."
         law-abiding citizens.