[Coco] SuperIDE and floppy disk

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu May 9 05:47:21 EDT 2013

On Thursday 09 May 2013 05:36:34 Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) did opine:

> yep poke &hff7f,51 does the job

That is a pair of 2 bit registers, addressed as nibbles, $00 through $33
are legal values.  I forget which, but one steers the slot select, the
other steers the IRQ logic.

If all slots pin 8's have been bussed together, and 3 of the 4 pullup
resistors that are tied to the sockets pins 8 have been cut free in the
MPI,  Then no IRQ's will get lost, or worse yet blocked.  Highly
recommended fix. Nitros9 is fully capable to figuring out which device
caused the IRQ.

> thxs,
>
> but i'm seeing it turning the drive on on a random criteria, and even
> crashing on nitros-9 s that possible there is some problem with the mpi
> or the Fdc ? removeing the fdc solves the problem.

Your $51 effectively is selecting slot 2 as its effectively a $11 to the
MPI.  What do you have in slot 2?