[Coco] CoCo-X is not dead

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Wed May 8 20:19:36 EDT 2013

Yes, the C-64 DTV by Jeri Ellsworth in essentially a slightly enhanced C-64
on a chip, and the Atari Flashback 2/2+ by Legacy Engineering is an Atari
2600 on a chip. Both designs are no longer produced. In the case of the
Atari Flashback 2, Atari commissioned a cheaper-to-produce emulation-based
design for future products, and I'm not sure why future DTV products
weren't produced (the chip did appear in a TV game or two after, but not
for a number of years). Probably a similar cost issue. In both cases both
units sold hundreds of thousands of units, though that market is no longer
as strong as it was back then.

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade,
Inc.<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1>and