[Coco] Memory Map

Fedor Steeman petrander at gmail.com
Wed May 8 13:04:59 EDT 2013

Then there's something wrong with the memory map at:
http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Color_Computer_2_Memory_Map

It's got the area used by Disk Basic for buffers and so on between 0600 and
18CE:

06001DFF4.5Full graphic 6 / pmode 3 & 4 page 1060018CE4DECB Use (CONFLICT
WITH GRAPHICS PAGE 1)1E0035FF4.5Full graphic 6 / pmode 3 & 4 page 2How can
this be improved?

/Fedor

On Wednesday, 8 May 2013, William Astle wrote:

> On 13-05-08 08:59 AM, Fedor Steeman wrote:
>
>> Hmm. Why $0E00? What's directly before that that may give you trouble?
>>

> Buffers and other critical data used by disk basic for things such as
> "FILES" command to make the disk basic buffer area bigger (which you won't
> have unless you have a reason to).
>
> You really want to stay out of the area from $0000 to $0e00 to avoid
> clobbering anything important to disk basic.
>

>> /Fedor
>>

>> On 8 May 2013 16:52, William Astle <lost at l-w.ca> wrote:

>>> lwasm defaults to "org 0" so if it is working without an ORG statement,
>>> it's only working by accident.
>>>
>>> With a default configuration of disk basic, putting the code anywhere
>>> between $e00 and $2600 should work fine because that is within the
>>> default
>>> 4 pmode graphics pages. If you don't need to preserve a basic program,