[Coco] orch-90 file format question

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue May 7 21:06:50 EDT 2013

Todd
The orch90 file format is simple.
First the reason your files are not showing is real orch90 files have NO extension. The files with the orc extension are most likely from a model 3 or 4.
There is one difference, these are ascii files and Coco orch files are (semi)binary. On the Coco, the first character of each line has 128 added to the ascii value and has no carriage returns. The "orc" files are straight ascii.
To load these files, just change the name so they have no extension then load them with R FILENAME A
The "A" tell the orch 90 that they are in ascii
You can the just W FILENAME to save it in Coco format

The Orch90 manual is in all the various archives on the net

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com