[Coco] Does the new BETA version of VCC fixes the Windows 7 DirectX Fullscreen (F11) bug of the previous version?

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat May 4 19:24:13 EDT 2013

Roy,
As far as I know, the only thing done in the new Vcc has been the addition of the Becker Port. I don't think there's been any bug fixing (yet). The biggest problem with Vcc is that it's written in Win98 Visual C++ ver 6. This version of C was the last before Windows went to the whole ".net" programming tool system which is completely uncapatible with any previous versions.. The only way to edit and compile the code is with the MS Visual C++ IDE. This hasn't been available 10 years or more and the last updates MS did on that system was in 2004 (I think) and that was to make the newer DLLs work with the system as wel as update some of the old ones. This is probably the only reason it will still run on Vista, 7 & 8.
What is really needed is for someone to take the C++ sources and convert them to something much more usefull & coss-compilable forall systems. The only problem here is that the author is not responding to email so we can't get permission to use the sources. The new version was actually released without permission, but in my opinion, this would be considered a "patch" and not a real new version as just the Becker port code was added and nothing else.
So you can see our delima in doing anything with this code as it stands.

I hope this makes sense
Bill P

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/