[Coco] Multivue enhancements?

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Sat May 4 18:58:46 EDT 2013

One issue I had with MultiVue is that everybody picked different colours, and which palette registers, differently, which made a lot of programs a mess (once one program set palettes, others would look weird). My proposal was to fix the first 4 slots (used by MultiVue) in order of darkest to lightest (I think... Going by faint memory here), so that programmers could at least have a rough idea of how the palettes behaved, but they could still be individualized. We had 3 sets of colours originally as samples; greyscale, a grey/light blue combo, and a red/yellow style one. That Gshell was one of the last things I did before I got too busy (in work and private life) to work on Nitros9 anymore.
Also the CONTROL program (callable from the Tandy menu) lets you set those palettes, etc. and that version of Gshell should automatically set them on boot (unlike the original).

Sent from my iPhone