[Coco] Multi-Processor 6809 Computer System

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Wed May 1 17:45:36 EDT 2013

Actually, the OS-9 Display code method would be helpful here. The driver would only need to send escape code sequences to the co-processor "mailbox", and the driver there would actually do the drawing (and there is no reason one could not extend the display codes to do other things, like when we added filled ellipse and filled circle to the OS-9 Level II upgrade and NitrOS9). This was (one of) the plan(s) with the Tomcat with a 68008 board - you could run the 6809 as the main processor (for backwards compatibility with existing OS-9 Level II), but it could pass the the display code sequences to the 68008 to do the actual drawing, scrolling,etc.

L. Curtis Boyle
curtisboyle at sasktel.net