[Coco] Jason Scott ends International orders

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed May 1 17:10:32 EDT 2013

On May 1, 2013, at 1:32 PM, tim lindner <tlindner at macmess.org> wrote:

> With all the hub-bub about the CoCo-X project and international orders I
> decided to post a link to Jason Scott's recent blog post about a simular
> situation:
>
> http://ascii.textfiles.com/archives/3956

Ah, the BBS/Adventure documentary guy. If we had worked it out, I was going to be interviewed with him on my cassette based BBS project, though I doubt (considering how much more significant stuff he got) it would have made the cut.

I, too, noticed this. Two of the DVD CoCoFEST! sets I sent out went to Canada. It used to be no big deal, but it took a long time to fill out both forms, then the post office worker had to type them all in to the computer. And, it was $8.55 to send a slimline DVD case with two discs in it just to Canada. I was stunned. Like Jason Scott mentions, I too used to ship discs out all over the place (Europe, Japan, Canada, etc.) for some other things I did a decade ago, and it was pretty simple. I hadn't done it in awhile and... wow.

		-- A