[Coco] Fest Ideas was Aaron's apology and Coco Contest Results

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Wed May 1 11:49:53 EDT 2013

On Wed, May 01, 2013 at 09:30:12AM -0500, Allen Huffman wrote:
> On Apr 30, 2013, at 5:41 PM, S Klammer <sklammer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I (as Rufus21) enjoyed the opportunity that Allen provided to try and
> > acquire an Orch90 and would've loved an MPI (shipping might have been
> > prohibitive).  Although I do hope to be 'physical' next year, I'd like to
> > think that "proxy" bidding could be allowed after the "primary in-house"
> > auction.  Then afterwards, the auction could be expanded to include
> > authorized "proxy" bidding for any duplicates or special items.  At this
> > point, vendors could also be added (via minimum bids) to sell off any
> > remaining stock...
>
> By the way, as the show was closing down, many of the items I bought by proxy were from vendors like David Keil. He still had a table of items unsold, and we took about $130 of goods off his hands. I would have loved to have done that for the other vendors too (someone was wanting a Drivewire cable which I bet Cloud-9 had?) but I didn't have the time to go booth to booth with an update on who had what, and at what price.

Allen,

I know you were talking at the fest about "proxy buying" from vendors for those that couldn't
attend. One thought might be to have some ability for vendors to put images, prices, etc of items
they have for sale online somewhere and let people buy from the vendor directly using something like
paypal.

My current objection to the whole proxy bidding during the auction as it took place this year was
the effect that it had on the flow of the auction. There was at least two instances in which a high
bid was made by a person attending and rather then going with the normal countdown on the price that
count was paused to "allow someone on chat to get a bid in". That's not fair to those in attendence
that made realtime bids.

The Other Frank