[Coco] Fest Ideas was Aaron's apology and Coco Contest Results

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed May 1 10:27:58 EDT 2013

On Apr 30, 2013, at 4:35 PM, Mike Rowen <mike at bcmr3.net> wrote:

> One last swing at this dead horse. :) Someone has to ship anything purchased by proxy and that's yet another burden I don't think should be placed on the club.

Agreed. The goal should be to actively help the club, not try to put more work on them. Nothing I suggest is meant to imply Glenside has to do any extra work except maybe sell some extra admission tickets and memberships :-)

So here's the spin... Someone could sign up to be a vendor, perhaps under the name "CoCo Stuff by Proxy". They can sell their service however they want, such as collecting deposits up front from folks who can't make the show. For instance, Diego could say "I would like the following items, in this priority, and I am willing to spend $50 for them" then CoCo Stuff by Proxy visits all the booths, notes what they have and offers that up to the clients, and can handle purchasing and shipping items for a small service fee or percentage :)

It would be an easy business venture for someone out there wanting a reason to go to the Fest.

But, as a vendor, I would want to be logged in to the IRC chat room and talking to those folks who can't attend, and see if I could sell directly to them. Maybe some would be excited enough to buy something that weekend that might never get around to ordering it mail order.

		-- Allen