[Coco] Fest Ideas was Aaron's apology and Coco Contest Results

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Wed May 1 07:54:00 EDT 2013

On 4/30/2013 8:37 PM, John W. Linville wrote:
> I won't try to deny anyone from bidding through a proxy.  But FWIW,
> I would vote against any fundamental changes to the auction format.
> The auction is part of the fun of going to the event, and even the
> proxy bidding this year was enough to suck some of the fun out of it
> by making parts of the auction drag.
>
> If we need more funds for the CoCoFEST! then put the stuff on eBay.
> If we are getting enough to support the event than keep it live,
> as a perk to draw greater attendance.
>
> John

At one point in time, I would have strongly encouraged the eBay idea.
Not so much any more. The seller fees are a killer. If it does come down
to needing some more money, why not post the items online for a silent
bid auction? Anyone who is interested could submit their max bid and
when the date comes around, whomever has the highest bid wins.

In general, though, I certainly agree with the basis of John's message.

Brian