[Coco] Sigs & snips & lengths

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz dennis-ix at maltedmedia.com
Wed May 1 06:47:30 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Each month the automated membership reminder goes out and each month
I get a few friendly comments back.

I had two comments that I want to pass along, and one from me...
normally I wouldn't, but list activity has more than doubled in the
past four months -- and we have some 20 new members as well. So it
gives me more work to do. And you know how lazy I am:

1. SNIP, SNIP, SNIP. Please snip the message(s) you are replying to.
Especially for digest readers, endless quoting is mind-numbing. One
17-word message arrived today with five previous messages (including
the footers) entirely intact. PLEASE SNIP.

2. NEUTRAL SIGS. This is a CoCo forum, not a political or advertising
one. Please dump political screeds and sales pitches. Using sigs for
"backdoor" political arguments and sales pitches is bad form and quite rude.

3. COMPACT LENGTHS. I do not enjoy getting daily batches of too-long
messages for approval. Messages of 20MB long came in the past few
days, with huge attachments. The limit is 48K. Dump attachments, post
plain text, do the snips, and polite-ify the sigs and all will be well!

Thanks!
Dennis