[Coco] Bit Banger Port Signals

Sat Mar 30 17:15:30 EDT 2013

Hi,

> Is anyone using it at all?

Get ready to learn about drivewire.

If you can read old messages, read

The "Drivewire" thread started on Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:45 AM by Bill
Gunshannon.

If you do not know how to read old messages, we will explain, there are
three methods.

SHF

What, only two days ago!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary Becker" <Gary_L_Becker at yahoo.com>
To: <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 30, 2013 1:30 PM
Subject: [Coco] Bit Banger Port Signals

I had a question about how the Bit Banger Serial port is being used. The
three signals are labeled in the service manual as RS232C OUT, RS232C IN,
and CD. How are people using the CD pin? If it was hooked up to a modem, the
CD pin would indicate a connection was made by the modem. But since modems
are not used much any more, does this pin really make sense? I thought using
it for a CTS would make more sense. Is anyone using it for this function? Is
anyone using it at all?

Gary Becker