[Coco] Chris Hawk's Rapsbery PiCo

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Sat Mar 30 15:02:25 EDT 2013

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 13:37:13 -0500
Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com> wrote:

> Hey Chris, I just got around to reading the Glenside newsletter with
> your article on getting a CoCo emulator going on a Raspberry Pi. I am
> going to see if I can get that same build going myself.
>
> What prompted you to use a Teensy rather than the I/O pins already on
> the Raspberry Pi? -
> Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227
> (vmail/TXT only) Sent from my MacBook.

Al:

	I figured the simplest way was to build a USB keyboard adapter.
I think it was you that mentioned that the Teensy already had the USB
mouse and keyboard protocol available. As far as anything else is
concerned, it is a 'standard' USB keyboard.

	Some code to read the matrix and a 25 pin card-edge connector
(ribbon cable soldered to the Teensy's inputs) slipped over the CoCo's
keyboard cable, and I was in business.

Christopher R. Hawks
--
In a dark time, the eye begins to see.		--Theodore Roethke