[Coco] [Color Computer] COCO BASIC ROM

Coco_nut nix.thinkpenguin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 20:10:54 EDT 2013

I understand that the ctrl and alt keys are usable, but this is what I was
trying to say:
https://github.com/dachew/electronics/blob/master/keyboard/ps2-specs/coco3-keyboard-matrix.txt
If you wanted the Coco to pretend that it had more keys on its keyboard
then it would need more pins on it.

The easier way to do this is edit the mess source so that whenever a key
like {  } PgUp PgDown etc... is pressed on the PC's keyboard that the
virtual coco's keyboard has the buttons Ctrl-< Ctrl-> Ctrl-Up Ctrl-Down
etc... pressed. That way they rom would not need to be changed, only the
emulator. I haven't looked at the source for MESS, but this should be
fairly simple to do. Just map physical keys to combinations of Coco keys.

Also I don't believe that you would be able to show all characters. AFAIK
some chars like {} cannot be shown. That would require both changes to the
rom and to the emulator.

I still may be wrong, but this is how I understand it.

--StephenR