[Coco] Parting with my CoCo

H. Herren Floyd hhfloyd at charter.net
Mon Mar 25 18:31:49 EDT 2013

Allen Huffman suggested that I contact you all.  I am pleased to learn about your group.  I could have used your help years ago.

I bought all of my CoCo components new and could never part with them before now.  I will be 78 years old this year and will be moving from my present home in which I have lived for nearly 40 years.

I programmed a few simple games in BASIC, most of which I made up myself.  When I tried to advance to machine language, I ran into trouble.  My dot matrix printer would suddenly no longer print from my CoCo.  I stopped programming but continued to occasionally play and even modify my games.  This year I discovered that my CoCo, when searching for a game, will no longer find and load it from the tape recorder even though they both seem to work fine otherwise.

I need to part with my CoCo at last.  Attached is a list of the CoCO hardware, software, and literature that I have.  I am willing to give them to a member of your group that would just pay the cost of packaging and shipping.

The thing that I will regret most is losing the few simple games that I programmed.  I'm wondering if anyone in your group would be able to convert them from TRS-80 COLOR BASIC on cassette tape to software on a CD that would play on my iMac running Mountain Lion OS.  Anyone who does that for me successfully can have my CoCo equipment shipped to him at my expense.