[Coco] FD ROM Images

Bill Gunshannon billg999 at cs.uofs.edu
Mon Mar 25 14:40:50 EDT 2013

> Bill Gunshannon wrote:
>>
>> What image do I need to put HDB-DOS with support for my Cloud9
>> IDE and DriveWire4 into my Floppy Cartridge and where might I
>> find such image?  Or do I need to make a custom one that matches
>> my hard disk?  And, if so, how do I add DriveWire4 to that image?
>>
>> bill
>>

> Bill,
>
> You should mainly refer to Cloud-9 to answer questions of this type as
> they
> support what they sell.

No doubt of that.  I just thought maybe there was a site with some
pre-made images around.

> Keep in mind that you either access your own hard drive on the Coco or
> access
> the Drivewire server on your PC. You can't do both at the same time, far
> as I know.
> That means if you want to transfer files from the Drivewire server to your
> Coco
> hard drive, you must do this by indirect means with a floppy or RAM disk
> as an
> intermediary.

OK, that answered that question.

> So, unless I'm completely wrong (possibly) your question does not have an
> answer. There are different versions of HDBDOS and you should get them
> from
>
> https://sites.google.com/site/drivewire4/download
>
> Since you already have a IDE installed, you don't need a new ROM with an
> updated
> HDBDOS.

No, I have to do the LOADM"HDB-DOS":EXEC and I was hoping for something
a bit better.  So, I guess I need to take the version that was built
when I did the install and burn it into a ROM.

>         What you really want is the ability to access the Drivewire server
> on
> your PC from your Coco. For that purpose you just need a LOADM binary
> which will
> overlay your disk ROM and can be loaded either from a floppy or your IDE
> drive
> in the Disk Basic partition.
>
> You have not indicated what model of Coco is in use so you will have to
> download
> the .zip file and select among HDBDW3CC1.BIN, HDBDW3CC2.BIN, and
> HDBDW3CC3.BIN.
> A LOADM : EXEC should start HDBDOS for Drivewire.

Isn't there a driver for NitrOS9 as well?  That would meet my needs
as well.

bill

billg999 at cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |