[Coco] FD ROM Images

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Mon Mar 25 13:22:19 EDT 2013

Bill Gunshannon wrote:

> What image do I need to put HDB-DOS with support for my Cloud9
> IDE and DriveWire4 into my Floppy Cartridge and where might I
> find such image?  Or do I need to make a custom one that matches
> my hard disk?  And, if so, how do I add DriveWire4 to that image?
>
> bill

Bill,

You should mainly refer to Cloud-9 to answer questions of this type as they
support what they sell.

Keep in mind that you either access your own hard drive on the Coco or access
the Drivewire server on your PC. You can't do both at the same time, far as I know.
That means if you want to transfer files from the Drivewire server to your Coco
hard drive, you must do this by indirect means with a floppy or RAM disk as an
intermediary.

So, unless I'm completely wrong (possibly) your question does not have an
answer. There are different versions of HDBDOS and you should get them from

https://sites.google.com/site/drivewire4/download

Since you already have a IDE installed, you don't need a new ROM with an updated
HDBDOS. What you really want is the ability to access the Drivewire server on
your PC from your Coco. For that purpose you just need a LOADM binary which will
overlay your disk ROM and can be loaded either from a floppy or your IDE drive
in the Disk Basic partition.

You have not indicated what model of Coco is in use so you will have to download
the .zip file and select among HDBDW3CC1.BIN, HDBDW3CC2.BIN, and HDBDW3CC3.BIN.
A LOADM : EXEC should start HDBDOS for Drivewire.

Robert