[Coco] MC6847 ( Motorola DS9823)

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Mar 21 22:24:59 EDT 2013

Since the real search is for the datasheet for the MC6847T1, I would assume the service manual needed would have to be from (?)1984 or 1985(?) as that chip was added to the last incarnation of the Coco 2, the Color Computer 2b.
Also, I was looking at the article in the Rainbow on the Coco 2b and it states that the MC6847T1 was also known as the XC80652P (pre-production name).
 And another thing I didn't know was that the SN74LOS783 (MC6883 SAM chip) was replaced with the SN74LS785 (backwards compatable) to faciliate the new VDG chip. I wonder if it had any "hidden" features that the Coco wasn't using.

Bill P

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com