[Coco] OS-9 Floppy

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Mar 17 16:47:48 EDT 2013

On Mar 17, 2013, at 3:12 PM, Melanie and John Mark Mobley <johnmarkmelanie at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can I write a DECB (Disk Extended Color BASIC) file to an OS-9 disk without
> disturbing the OS-9 portion of the disk?

I have certainly seen hybrid disks. Here is how I think it would need to work:

Since DECB uses the middle of the disk for the allocation table, and OS-9 needs the first sector of the disk to figure out what the disk is all about, you should be able to map out the first portion of the disk from DECB so it doesn't see it as available. Then, OS-9 would treat it as a normal disk of fewer sectors.

Sounds like an interesting utility.
-
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sent from my MacBook.

22nd Annual "Last" Chicago CoCoFEST! April 27-28, 2013. Lombard, IL. http://www.glensideccc.com