[Coco] OCN?

Dean Leiber adit at nationsdial.com
Sun Mar 17 15:30:50 EDT 2013

On Mar 17, 2013, at 11:20 AM, Willard Goosey wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 04:39:31PM +1000, Bob Devries wrote:
>> Willard, the OCN archive should be on maltedmedia ftp.
>
> If it is I didn't see it, but I didn't look through the whole site.
>>
>> I *think* OCN was OS9 Community Network, and was part of the FIDO system
>> way back when.
>>
> Ahh, I didn't know there was such a thing. Cool. I didn't know OS-9
> had a presence on FIDO. I always got the impression OS-9 tended more
> towards UUCP.  Was there native OS-9 FIDO nodes, I believe they were
> called?

The native FIDO node software for the Coco was RiBBS. There was also a version
for OSK too I believe.  There was also StG Net software which had its own BBS network
(not related to FIDO) which had quite a few nodes across the US and Canada (Boisy and Allen
should remember StG :-) ). Actually I saw very few UUCP setups myself over the years.

Dean